Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ahhh! Rings!

I posted last night about how the wedding rings were in the mail (see this post) and how I was worried my ring wouldn't look nice because really, how are you supposed to make a ring look nice when it's fitted to such a wonky engagement ring?

Well, a hundred something dollars in taxes later, I was holding the package with the rings. I let the doggies out and sat on the top stair of the back porch in the sun and opened up the fedex package. And then the USPS package inside that fedex package. :D And inside that, there was a ring box and a card. I read the card first because that's the polite thing to do, and slowly opened the box, remembering right before the lid opened that there was a tiny bee inside too. I was told to be careful because the tiny legs are fragile.


And when I opened up that box and carefully moved the bee, inside were our matching wedding rings, and for the first time, I understood why Mike was so adamant about us getting the same ring. It was pretty fricken magical, I must say. To see them side by side, unique but the same, ah! So sweet.

So of course, I had to go on a photo spree. No photograph will ever adequately show how I feel about them. They are so, so pretty. (They were slightly prettier before I got them all grubby with my fingers...)


Look! We fit! YEY! :D


Even without my engagement ring, my ring is pretty. It's fricken mountains. Like, for serious. MOUNTAINS.

They fit together really nicely. The metals don't match (the new ring is much whiter than my engagement ring), but I kind of love it that way because it makes them entirely separate entities. And I like the white better than the less white. :D



AH! His ring is so pretty too. I'm kinda jealous of how the bigger flat parts on his reflect the light. :D


On my fingie.


Cropped so you can see them closer up.


And a video of me spinning his ring so you can see how the waterfall effect shimmers. It's so fricken beautiful.



I'll repost the paragraph from the below post, just to give Ravens' Refuge adequate credit, in case anybody finds this post and wants to use them for their wedding bands:

Ravens' Refuge have their etsy shop, a facebook page, a flickr and a blog (there's a good description of the types of hammering on there too and a few pictures of the bees).

Ok, have to go get Mike at the train. EEEEEE.

2 comments:

Riley and Stella said...

Gorgeous!

prin said...

Thanks! I think so too. We were really lucky to have found the shop we found. :)