Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rambly update...

So things have been a little stagnant, probably because of my endo appointment, my guy being away and now my guy being sick (and me secluding myself from the universe in consequence).

Things I still have to do in the near (very near) future:
1. Invites.
- I have the final artwork and the basic layout of the invite, but I didn't join the two yet. I think that sort of thing will take all of three minutes, but I'm a lazy ass and I just haven't done it.
- We still have to get the addresses from his side and a few scragglers on my side.
- We.. um.. still have to decide who we're inviting but I think I'm pretty well settled, even if the number might give me a panic attack.
- Then we have to print them and mail them. And figure out an alternative for those who still have no access to the internet (I think there are two).

2. Veil.
- I have to get my ass to Crescent street to the one authorized retailer for Sara Gabriel in Quebec to see if I like the veils (in the headpieces section) as much in person as I do on their website, and to see if I can tolerate them without panicking. We'll see. Hopefully they'll have a good selection of them... If I get fed up and feel hopeless, I can always wear a teeny tiny top hat or an asymmetrical fedora, which, for some reason outside of my comfort zone, intrigues me greatly.

3. Radiation.
- We'll see. Hopefully it won't end up too close to the wedding and hopefully I won't gain a pajillion pounds after it when my thyroid dies. Too stressful to think about.

4. Paint.
- I figure I should paint the house a lot before people come here, namely the livingroom downstairs, my bedroom and the second bedroom downstairs. And maybe finish the deck.
- I hate painting.

5. More butterflies.
- I haven't made an origami butterfly in months. I have to get a move on!

6. Inquire about a campfire permit. And if we need a permit of some kind to host a wedding at our house.

7. Write a script maybe?

8. Registry.
- Mike doesn't want to register anywhere, and registering at one store seems... not us. So what I thought instead was I could set up a Pinterest board with stuff we want and people can buy the things on our Pinterest if they need to be told what to buy. Or it could serve as ideas, you know?
- (The first thing that comes to mind when I think about it is I am totally putting bags of dog food on there. Omg, and latex grunting piggies. Yes.)

9. Dress alterations.
- Probably in June, I guess. I'm thinking I'll have to get her to remove the flowers from under the belty part of it so I look thinner because right now, especially since the waist is too big, I look particularly puffed up in it. It's not terrible, but it could be better.

10. Officiant forms.
- Have to fill those out one of these days, just to make sure we have everything we need.

11. North Carolina.
- We're going in June and I figure it'll give us an opportunity to finalize things with our photographer. She does seem a little hesitant (if she is, it's probably because I'm difficult and she's an eighteen hour drive away), so maybe if we do a few test shots, she can see what we're like to work with (i.e. miserable photographically) and decide if we're outside her comfort zone. That's not to say she's not an amazing photographer (and a great person), but we both are really difficult, both to take nice pictures of us and to get us to not hate the whole thing.

Honestly, the photography portion of the day fills me with dread. I know how I am, and I know from being a bridesmaid that it doesn't take me long to feel (and appear!) completely irritable. And posing? Just naw. I think we want our wedding to be as genuine as possible and in keeping with that, we just can't have contrived pictures. I mean, if they're fun and goofy, maybe, but if they're stereotypical and fake, no. What I mean is I can totally picture me running around with my arms flailing and taking ridiculous pictures like that, but the one where we all jump, I'm totally staying planted on the ground. Totally. And I'm not doing things twice either. At a few weddings I've been to, they made the bride and groom cut the cake like six times. Do you really not remember when you look at those photographs that that's probably not the first cut? What's the point of having a picture of you posing for the sixth slice?

We're not slicing anyway. I think we'll just jab the pyramid of cake balls with a fork. Jointly. And most likely, we'll pierce the chocolatey outside and smoosh the shit out of it such that we can't possibly collect the cake ball we've forked.

But you know, that'll probably make a good picture. :D

I think that's it for now. I'm getting a little anxious about the rings; the last email in February after they'd gotten the molds of my engagement ring said it'd be a "few weeks" till they got to my ring. Waiting is brutal. I really want to know what it looks like. I kind of wish I was getting just a straight band, but I can't switch my engagement ring to my right hand (too fragile to be on my dominant hand), so I have no choice. Maybe one day, I'll get a straight band too, just to save for later if I ever decide not to wear my engagement ring for whatever reason (i.e. it's too fragile for whatever life I lead in the future). I still have to blog about the ring experience from start to finish... One of these days. It is a kind of long story, but I am really happy with the people we found to do them, so I have to tell it.

Oh, and the spare butterflies came a couple days ago, so I have those to fix my bouquet with later (too afraid to go near my bouquet till much closer to the wedding).

I think that's it.

No comments: