Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bouquets with earrings on the side... and a new slight obsession with hydrangeas...

Just to follow up, I got them last week. They were (are?) really pretty, but one of the big butterflies on my bouquet got pretty annihilated in shipping, which sucks. Another smaller butterfly on one of the bridesmaidy bouquets got tweaked too, but I think I can salvage it with tape.

I'd take a picture, but after seeing the two busted up butterflies, I didn't want to risk handling the bouquets too much, so I (panickedly) put them into two boxes (with tons of help from Mike) so they'd all be apart and not touching each other and put them up on the top shelf in my closet for safe keeping.

I don't think they'll be that fragile on the day, but they do tend to get snagged together and that's where the risk is in me handling them...

On the upside, with the two strands of butterflies, there are plenty to choose from if we have to replace some of the bouquet ones for whatever reason. Just need to borrow a hot glue gun from somewhere.

I'm kind of glad I got the fake flowers, honestly. Reading on the internet about real flowers and the hassle involved to get them cheaply just feels like a stress I don't need, snagglies aside.

Also, I've developed a new found affection for hydrangeas that I never knew I could have... And thus the lust for these hydrangea earrings was born:

Source: etsy.com via Prin on Pinterest


They're perfect in a thousand different ways, but here are three:

1. They're hydrangeas. Silvery whitey ones.
2. The topaz in the middle goes with the topaz in my engagement ring.
3. The pins (or whatever they're called) are 18k gold.

See, I've been wearing the same small hoop earrings since I was four. My dad got them for me after my ma dropped me off with freshly pierced and crazy infected ears (she did it without consulting him about it too). So he went out and got me these that I was told eons ago were 22k gold, but somehow I'm not sure they'd have held up this long being 22k. But still, they're very gold and I haven't had any ear infections since, except maybe for rare times when I'd take these out and put in other earrings for some lame reason. Being that the earrings above have 18k gold pins, I can wear them without worrying about infections and whatnot.

And really, the design is pretty awesome with the way it's looped so the hydrangeas move?

Magical.

Out of my price range considering all the money we've spent lately, but still, magical.

But even if I don't get them, I can still wear my hoop earrings as my "something really old". :D

(But, like, I feel like I will get them. Because I'm bratty that way, I guess. And things I seem to want for more than a few days I tend to end up obsessing about. So...)

And also, maybe, if there's money left in the budget, we could get some real hydrangeas for decorative purposes from Costco since I saw that they've got some in bulk.

No comments: